For a writer, one of the biggest challenges can be dealing with writers block. What can be even more challenging is when you need to create creative, engaging and informative content multiple times a day on multiple channels. Social media has given writers the opportunity to show personality, enhance brand identity and give customers around the clock information and customer service. As experts in the field, our team of talented writers have hit this block many times – you aren’t alone!
In today’s #Trustytips we will give you some techniques to combat social media writers block and a few of our Web Operatives give us helpful tips on how they personally overcome writers block:
- Going blank? Use it to your advantage. Post a “fill in the blank” question.
- Teach your industry “lingo”
- Ask customers to “caption this photo”
- Comparison questions or images. What color skate do you like best? Blue vs. Red and post pictures side by side
- What’s your favorite _____? This could be relevant to your industry or something random.
- Celebrate milestones and say “thank you”
- Behind the scenes pictures
- Use call to action words for events or promotions
- Celebrate company moments – birthdays, fun things in the office, company outings, etc
- Promote on one social media platform (Facebook) that you are on others (Instagram, Twitter, etc) and don’t forget to encourage them to follow you
- Share links from an older but relevant blog post
Web Operative Words Of Wisdom:
Carolyn Horne shares her go-to’s on getting through a tough writer’s block:
- -Quote a statistic relevant to the industry.
- -Create a graphic with a fact or tip.
- -Share community involvement, like photos from an event you sponsored.
- -Tie in with current events. (But don’t be tacky.)
Laura Everett: “When I am stumped, I look for local events that I can promote. I think it’s a nice way to shake things up so that we aren’t always just pushing products and services. Funny pictures are always a good choice, too.”
Do you have questions about building your web presence into online dominance for your business? Contact TrustWorkz today and request a free analysis of your online presence.