And the Oscar goes to . . .
When it comes to social engagement, video is the ultimate thumb-stopper. Video content gets more views, more shares, and more conversions than any other type of content. Experts predict that by 2020, video will account for 80% of consumer traffic on Facebook. But you don’t have to post Oscar-worthy content to make a splash on somebody’s news feed.
If your business isn’t posting video content on social media, I have one question for you:
If your answer is, “I don’t have time,” “nobody will watch,” or “I have no idea what to post,” then it’s time to prep your acceptance speech. These social media video ideas for FECs are just what your audience is waiting for.
21 Oscar Worthy Video Content Ideas for Family Entertainment Centers
- Introduce your employees.
- Make a “day in the life” video to show how your team preps for business.
- Get creative with employee spotlights and “stalk” the DJ, “close the door” on the manager’s office, or make a “who has it better?” video comparing a party host’s working hours with the person manning your rentals.
- Don’t be afraid to get goofy! If you’re camera shy, ask your staff to let their wonderful, wacky selves shine during a lighthearted “get to know us” video.
- Pump up excitement by doing a time-lapse video of birthday party prep.
- Unboxing videos are a big hit. Tap into that energy by posting unboxing videos when you get new rental skates, novelties, or other fun merch.
- Show off your staff’s personalities during a slow shift with an impromptu laser tag battle or trick skating sesh.
Pull an Einstein
- Share a brief history of your business.
- Post a video review of the gear in your pro shop.
- Answer FAQs about your facility. Pro-tip: address one topic per video and turn it into a series!
Capture a Few Of Your Favorite Things
- Post a video demo of a new product or attraction.
- Capture better action shots by zooming in on roller-skates in motion, the bowling alley ball return, or other facility staples.
- Do a super zoomed out video to show off all the fun happening inside your facility.
- Show off your favorite novelty items.
- Dial up the fun with a video of the DJ booth, art murals, and lights show.
- Capture a close up of food prep or a favorite menu item fresh from the kitchen.
- Want to make people feel like they’re there? Create a time-lapse video that shows off your whole facility, start to finish.
Turn the Spotlight Around
- Interview customers, asking them to share their favorite skating songs, bowling moves, or laser tag tactics.
- Show off your favorite new products when you visit a trade show.
- Do you have regulars? Ask them to do a mini interview!
- Put the spotlight on a local charity, school program, or community service project your business supports. Don’t forget to tag them when you post the video!
Make Use of the New B-Roll
Is your business ready for its closeup? You don’t have to wait until you’ve captured movie magic. Facebook lets you create video slideshows using still images. Just remember to stick to a theme, use high quality images, and keep any text to a minimum.
Want to take your family entertainment center’s social strategy to the next level? Sign up for the TrustWorkz newsletter to get the latest tips, tricks, and Facebook algorithm updates.