If you are currently managing your business’s social media channels or know that you need to start, today’s #TrustyTips are just for you! Here are a few tips and tricks to help you build a successful social media presence.
Essentials for Social Media Success
- Don’t start and stop: It’s never fun to have someone hang up the phone on you in person so don’t stop communication with your customers. Keeping your brand voice on social media consistent, fun and lively means your business is the same way. Even during slow times, stay active with social media.
- Engage using #Hashtags: Posts that include one or more hashtags are 55% more likely to be shared. Brand yourself with a hashtag that you use frequently, or use one for special occasions like #ThrowbackThursday to post about fun times, events or memories from the past!
- Track the success of your #tag: Creating a #tag for your business is a great way to stay in touch with your followers, track their interactions and see who is engaging with your hashtag. Most social networks that support hashtags make it easy for you to keep track of the conversation happening around your hashtag.
- Be visual: Images and videos are a great way to tell your brand story in a fun and creative way! Share pictures, take your own or pull from a strong resource (make sure you are aware of the copyright information for each image).
- Promote YOURSELF: This is a great way to talk about your staff, spotlights on the facility, milestones or just put some pictures of fun things going on with your business. Share interesting information about the people that make your business tick and what makes you special.
- What’s trending? What’s viral with your customers? Find out: Make sure you are talking, listening and engaging with your customers. Understanding the music they listen to, hashtags they use and interests they have will help you properly market to them!
- Call to Action: Adding a “click here”, “follow us today” or even offering a discount code creates a call to make an action. Don’t be afraid to tell your customers what you want them to do when they read your content.
Your customers want to hear from you, so get the conversation started today. Are you struggling with staying up-to-date with your social media ? We can help! Contact us today and we can get you started with one of our talented Web Operatives.
Interested in more great #trustytips? Check out a few of our other posts – #TrustyTips: Decreasing Traffic? Increase Marketing Efforts! and TrustyTips: Combating Social Media Writers Block.